n, helping the Argonauts win the 100th Grey

lw789
l
n, helping the Argonauts win the 100th Grey
Posted on 1:50pm Sep 25, 2017
NEW YORK -- Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sport will wait until after the season to study whether the rule preventing pitchers from using pine tar should be changed. Brendan Langley Womens Jersey . New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games Thursday, a day after umpires found pine tar on his neck during a game against Boston. Pineda said he was trying to get a better grip on balls on a cool night, and pitchers say they suspect pine tar use may be routine -- although usually discreet. Baseball rules prohibit pitchers from using foreign substances. "When the year is over, we ought to look at all this," Selig told the Associated Press Sports Editors on Friday. While Pineda appeared to have pine tar on the palm of his pitching hand during a start against the Red Sox on April 10, Boston never brought it to the attention of umpires that night. The Red Sox did point it out the umps Wednesday. "I think the way that the rule has been enforced, as with lots of rules in baseball, is that when theres a complaint, we do something about it," MLB chief operating officer Rob Manfred said. "And thats what happened here. I dont think that this particular incident is all that different from other incidents that weve had in the past. We will like we do every off-season look at this issue, but remember, pine tar is one of a number of foreign substances, and you have to have a rule that fits for all of them. I dont think theres anything all that different about the Pineda." In other pine tar penalties, Tampa Bays Joel Peralta was penalized eight games in 2012, the Angels Brendan Donnelly 10 days in 2005 and St. Louis Julian Tavarez 10 days in 2004. The suspensions of Donnelly and Tavarez were cut to eight days after they asked the players association to appeal, and Peralta dropped his challenge with no reduction. Brendan Langley Jersey . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together. Demarcus Walker Broncos Jersey . Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports.Less than a month after locking up Ricky Ray for the long term, the Toronto Argonauts locked up another one of their star players. The Argos have signed Most Outstanding Player Chad Owens to a two-year contract extension. "Extending Chad Owens contract helps us to create continuity and ensures another key player remains in Double Blue for the foreseeable future," said GM Jim Barker in a team release. "Chad is a dynamic player whose work ethic resonates within our locker room, and we are very happy he has committed to being an Argonaut." Owens, a star both as a receiver on offence and returner on special teams, set the singlle season all-purpose yards record last season with 3,863 combined. Carlos Henderson Broncos Jersey. The 31-year-old from Hawaii was also effective in the post-season, helping the Argonauts win the 100th Grey Cup. "I am very excited for the opportunity to remain in Toronto and continue to build off of what we were able to accomplish in 2012," Owens said in the release. "I am looking forward to sharing more successes with the city, my teammates, our coaches and with the fans as we strive toward our ultimate goal of winning another Grey Cup." Owens has spent the past three seasons in Toronto after starting his CFL career with the Montreal Alouettes. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors