ed him earlier in the day. "I

lw789
l
ed him earlier in the day. "I
Posted on 8:25pm Sep 14, 2017
BALTIMORE -- Detroits Justin Verlander wasnt overly concerned with his less-than-stellar outing against the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday. Nike Free Run 2 Dam . Instead, he focused on the final result: another Tigers victory. Rajai Davis homered, and Detroit overcame a rare shaky performance by Verlander to complete a three-game sweep of the Orioles with a 7-5 victory. The Tigers have won 12 of their last 15 games, including eight in a row on the road. Baltimore has lost four straight. Verlander (5-2) allowed a season-high five runs on six hits with four strikeouts and three walks in six innings. He still improved to 7-0 in eight outings at Camden Yards. But it was the first time in 15 games a Detroit starter allowed more than three runs. "Winning as a team is all that matters," Verlander said. "Obviously, today was a great team effort. Our boys put up a bunch of runs." Davis hit his third home run of the season and had two RBIs. Baltimores Nelson Cruz had two hits, including his 11th home run, a three-run shot in the fifth inning that pulled Baltimore to within 6-5. Adam Jones went 3 for 5 with an RBI and extended his hitting streak to nine games. "Were not going to focus on what happened in bad situations," Cruz said. "Were going to focus on whatever we did good on a daily basis, and that can get you going through the season." Staked to a 6-0 lead, Verlander was cruising until the fifth, when he allowed five runs with two outs. He gave up consecutive RBI singles to Jones and Chris Davis before Cruzs three-run homer to left cut the deficit to 6-5. "In the American League, no lead seems to be safe," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Davis gave Detroit some breathing room with his solo shot in the sixth. Joe Nathan pitched a scoreless ninth for his 10th save. He hasnt allowed a run in six straight appearances. Kevin Gausman (0-1) was making his first start for the Orioles since June 13, 2013, and lasted just four innings. He allowed five runs on six hits with two strikeouts, two walks and a wild pitch. "Obviously, I wasnt too thrilled with it," Gausman said. "I thought I did some good things early on, keeping down in the count. As the game progressed, my fastball started going up in the zone." Detroit opened a 2-0 lead in the third on a two-out, two-RBI single by Miguel Cabrera. He is batting .391 with 53 RBIs in 51 career games against Baltimore. The Tigers extended the lead to 5-0 in the fourth with some aggressive base running and timely hitting. After a double steal, Bryan Holiday had an RBI single and Danny Worth followed with a drag bunt up the first base line for another run. Davis then hit a long sacrifice fly to centre Verlander threw behind Cruz in the fourth, prompting home plate umpire John Tumpane to issue a warning to both benches. On Monday, Orioles starter Bud Norris plunked Torii Hunter in the rib cage after allowing a go-ahead, two-run homer to Ian Kinsler in the eighth, which caused both dugouts to empty, though no punches were thrown. Don Kellys RBI single off Miguel Gonzalez in the fifth increased the lead to 6-0 NOTES: Baltimore RHP Chris Tillman has been bothered by a sore groin but expects to make his scheduled start Friday after a bullpen session. ... Manager Buck Showalter will miss Saturdays game in Kansas City to attend his daughters graduation at SMU. Bench coach John Russell will fill in. ... Orioles RHP prospect Parker Bridwell came two outs shy of a no-hitter Tuesday for Single-A Frederick. Bridwell struck out eight batters and did not allow a base runner until a walk in the sixth inning of the Keys 7-0 win over Potomac. ... Tigers RHP Luke Putkonen (right elbow inflammation) pitched two innings Tuesday in a rehab assignment at Triple-A Toledo. He allowed four runs on five hits and will likely make one more rehab outing. ... RHP Anibal Sanchez (right middle finger laceration) is scheduled to come off the disabled list and start Sunday nights game at Boston. ... RHP Rick Porcello was scheduled to pitch a bullpen session Wednesday after experiencing tightness in his side in Mondays 4-1 win over the Orioles. Nike Free Run 2 Vit .C. -- The shot that would have beaten No. Nike Free Run 2 Herr . And follow TSN.ca right through Wednesdays 3pm et trade deadline for all the updates. Blue line help for Red Wings? In addition to what he reported in Insider Trading, TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun wrote on ESPN.VANCOUVER -- For a few moments Pavel Bure travelled back in time Saturday night. One of the most exciting players to ever dress for the Vancouver Canucks admitted it was an emotional experience to have his jersey retired. "It was a great feeling," said Bure, nicknamed the Russian Rocket, after his No. 10 was raised to the rafters at Rogers Arena prior to the Canucks playing the Toronto Maple Leafs in a nationally televised NHL game. "It brings back lots of great memories. With the fans cheering and everybody happy, it was like you scored a goal. I felt like I had to play again. I was in the middle of the ice and 20,000 people were cheering for me." The crowd, many wearing Leaf jerseys, chanted "Bure, Bure." During a 12-year career with Vancouver, Florida and the New York Rangers, Bure scored 437 goals and added 342 assists in 702 games. As a Canuck he scored 254 goals, won the Calder Trophy as the leagues top rookie in 1992, had five 50-goal seasons and registered consecutive 60-goal seasons in 1992-93 and 1993-94. During Vancouvers 1994 run to the Stanley Cup final Bure had 31 points in 24 games. In 2012, Bure became the only Canuck player to be elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Joining Bure at centre ice during the ceremony were the Canucks owners, general manager Mike Gillis, former Canuck GM Pat Quinn and Gino Odjick, Bures former teammate and long-time friend. Also attending was Bures mother Tatyana and wife Alina Khasanova. Gillis, who was once Bures agent, said he was proud to share the event with his former client. "The moment you became a Canuck you changed the landscape of hockey in Vancouver," Gillis said. "Everyone was captivated by the Russian Rocket. Nike Free Run Flyknit Dam. " Bures jersey is the fourth retired number at Rogers Arena. It will hang beside Stan Smyles No. 12, Trevor Lindens No. 16 and Markus Naslunds No. 19. Smyle and Naslund both attended the ceremony. Linden, who was captain for six of Bures seven seasons in Vancouver, had a commitment in the United States and could not attend. He did appear in a video tribute during the game. Bures legacy in Vancouver was tarnished when he refused to play for the Canucks in the 1998-99 season, forcing a trade to Florida. Showing the same fluid moves he once used on the ice, Bure easily sidestepped questions on whether he thought the Canucks would retire his jersey. "My thoughts are it was a great night," said the 42-year-old. "Its probably the biggest honour you can get. Im really pleased." Asked if he was nervous, Bure said he wasnt until Wayne Gretzky called him earlier in the day. "I knew it was a big deal," Bure laughed. Besides retiring his jersey, the Canucks announced they will name the teams most exciting player award after Bure. The Canucks and B.C. Hockey have also established a Pavel Bure Award for minor hockey players who best exemplify the values of "integrity, passion, teamwork and courage." Any hard feelings Canuck fans had toward Bure looked to be forgotten as they gave the former superstar a standing ovation. "To all of you . . . thank you for all the cheers," Bure told the crowd. "I will never forget those years we spent together. "Nobody deserves a Stanley Cup more than you. And its going to happen. I know. Thank you for night, thanks from the bottom of my heart." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors