, assists (4,301), steals (1,262) and

lw789
l
, assists (4,301), steals (1,262) and
Posted on 8:46pm Sep 5, 2017
The Edmonton Oilers reputation precedes them. Douglas Costa Jersey . For offseason acquisitions, defencemen Mark Fayne and Keith Aulie and wingers Benoit Pouliot and Teddy Purcell, that reputation includes two top-30 point producers and three top-50 goal scorers from last season and three former No. 1 overall picks. It also happens to include eight consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance. Its no secret which part of the see-saw reputation the new guys are focusing on heading toward the upcoming campaign. "The rebuild is pretty far on its way now with some of the guys they have, and especially this offseason with some of the other guys theyre bringing in," said Fayne, who was signed as a free agent on July 1. "I dont think its so much at the beginning stage anymore and I think thats only going to help." "Its a young group that desperately wants to win," Aulie, also a July 1 signing, added. "Just playing against them in the past, theyre hard working. Its an exciting team."If the Oilers do have the ability to be one thing, its exciting. Taylor Hall finished seventh in league scoring during the 2013-2014 season with 80 points, including 27 goals. Jordan Eberle and David Perron collected 28 goals each while Ryan Nugent-Hopkins set career highs in goals (19), assists (37) and points (56). Theres also former No. 1 pick Nail Yakupov, who has shown flashes of brilliance more than once in his first two seasons. "Im looking forward to actually being able to get the puck up to some of those younger guys and just let them fly," Fayne said. Star players are clearly not the problem in Edmonton, but what has been an issue in the past is complimenting those players and adding stability beyond the big names on the roster. Aside from the top four scorers on the club, no other player reached forty points last season. Only one of 28 players to appear in more than 10 games and five of 37 in total managed to avoid a minus rating. And thats a small sample size of a much larger problem. There are holes to fill and the new guys appear ready and willing to get their hands dirty. "Were not going to come in here and save the day, but we think were going to come in here and add some depth and make the team a better team," said Purcell, the returning player in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning for Sam Gagner. "Were not putting unrealistic expectations on ourselves, but we think we can help these guys." Reaching the post-season for the first time since a Game 7 loss in the Stanley Cup Final in 2006 may be an unrealistic expectation. What is likely more attainable is improving beyond the basement of the Pacific Division, where the club has finished in four of the last five seasons. "I think theres lots of work to be done, obviously," Aulie said. "Theres nowhere to go but up, so as young guys, myself and these other guys here with me, we just want to come in and make a positive impact; just help this team out because its exciting to be a part of a team thats on the upswing." "We understand how much pride this city has in the team and we just cant wait to make a positive impact." Robert Lewandowski Jersey .Gasol had 16 points and 13 rebounds, and the Bulls beat the winless Orlando Magic 98-90 on Tuesday night.Jimmy Butler led the Bulls with 21 points and Taj Gibson added 16 for Chicago, which finally pulled away in the final minutes of a game that was tied after three quarters. Sven Ulreich Jersey . -- Hal Steinbrenner says Alex Rodriguez is "a great player" and "obviously an asset," but the New York Yankees managing general partner wouldnt discuss the third basemans possible return to the team following a season-long suspension. Dwyane Wade is staying with the Miami Heat, and his latest deal is designed to give both the player and the only franchise hes ever known some flexibility in the coming years. Wade signed a new contract with the Heat on Tuesday. Its a two-year deal, the second of those seasons a player option, said a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither side announced terms. "I am proud to have spent every single day of my career as a member of the Miami Heat and to have brought three championship titles to this great city," Wade said in a statement. "Ive been here through the good times and the hard times. I have confidence in the Miami Heat organization and the team they are building." Earlier Tuesday, Wade tweeted "Home Is Where The Heart Is... My Home,My City,My House" and attached a photo of himself standing below the three NBA championship banners that hang at Miamis home arena. Financial terms were not announced, though its expected Wades salary for next season will not reach the $20.2 million he would have made under his previous contract. Heat President Pat Riley confirmed that Wade again bought into the Heat mantra of sacrifice. The contract he signed four years ago left millions on the bargaining-room table, in part to make the deals with LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem happen. "Dwyane has been the franchise cornerstone for this team since the day he arrived 11 years ago," Riley said. "He has shown his commitment to the Heat many times over the course of his career and has always been willing to sacrifice in order to help build this team into a champion. This time is no different." Wades return was expected, yet still represents a huge win for Miami during free agency -- especially since it comes less than a week after James left the Heat after four seasons and returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers. So now, what was the "Big 3" is a "Big 2." Bosh is in the process of finishing a $118 million, five-year contract with Miami. Also Tuesday, the Heat signed Luol Deng to a two-year, $$20 million deal, which was agreed to over the weekend. Thiago Alcantara Bayern Munich Jersey. "Luol Deng is one of the most important free agent signings that we have ever had in the history of the franchise," Riley said. "He is a proven All-Star and quintessential team player, both as a scorer, as well as an All-NBA defender. He brings the attitude of a warrior and competes every single night against the very, very best." Miami also announced the signing of small forward James Ennis, who has been one of the teams summer-league standouts this year. Ennis was the 50th pick in the 2013 draft and spent last season playing in Australia. Wade is entering his 12th Heat season and is the franchises all-time leader in games, points, assists and steals. He and Haslem, who is also expected to complete a new two-year contract with Miami in the coming days, are the only players to appear on all three of the Heat teams that won NBA championships in 2006, 2012 and 2013. He was limited to 54 games last season, in large part because of a maintenance program designed to limit wear and tear on his knees. But when he was on the floor, he was effective -- shooting a career best 54.5 per cent and averaging 19.0 points. With James gone, Wade likely wont have the luxury of resting as much this season. Hes averaged 24.3 points for his career, 16th-best in NBA history and fifth-best among active players with at least seven seasons. And only seven other players in league history have as many points (17,481), rebounds (3,605), assists (4,301), steals (1,262) and blocked shots (696) as Wade has posted so far in his career. Wade could have lobbied for more money or insisted on more years. But the Heat are positioning themselves to have as much flexibility as possible in 2016, a similar approach to what brought the "Big 3" together in 2010, and Wades deal helps them greatly in that regard. Wade still has a hectic summer ahead. Theres an upcoming marriage to actress Gabrielle Union, the ongoing building projects at the home hes been remodeling for some time, and the annual fantasy camp that he hosts. His biggest order of business, however, is now complete. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors