e situations we had multiple

lw789
l
e situations we had multiple
Posted on 8:11pm Aug 14, 2017
ANAHEIM, Calif. Cheap NBA Jerseys . -- C.J. Wilson doesnt throw a complete game very often. And both times he has, its been against the Tampa Bay Rays. The Los Angeles Angels left-hander scattered five hits in his second career shutout and Grant Green homered in a 6-0 victory Saturday night. Wilson threw 127 pitches, struck out five and escaped a bases-loaded jam in the seventh by inducing his third double-play grounder of the game. "I happened to throw a lot of pitches because I can manipulate my mechanics to take stress off here and there, try to change speeds and not throw every pitch as hard as I can," Wilson said. "I was throwing the ball harder in the eighth and ninth than I was in the sixth and seventh. You reserve a little bit in the tank, and then youre able to kind of let it loose." Two seasons ago, the Angels built an 8-0 lead for Wilson against Tampa Bay before he allowed seven runs in the fifth inning and ended up with a no-decision as the Rays won 10-8 at Angel Stadium. This time, there would be no comeback. "Theyre a weird team," Wilson said. "They swing the bats and theyre very aggressive -- but sometimes when theyre ahead in the count, they wont chase anything. So you have to throw really, really good strikes. "The guy that hits me really well is Ben Zobrist, and hes not in the lineup (because of a dislocated thumb), so I was a little excited about that. Ive made some bad pitches to him over the years. (Evan) Longoria hit a home run off me a couple of years ago -- and Im still chapped about that. So you remember some of the successes and failures against the individual guys." The two-time All-Star lefty has made 80 starts since his previous shutout and complete game, which was at Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Sept. 6, 2011, while pitching for Texas. The former Rangers reliever was converted into a starter in 2010, and has gone the distance seven times in 149 career starts. "Id been campaigning for that for two years," Wilson said. "Id been knocking on the door and it finally opened, so I felt like I broke through. As a starter, youve got to be committed to being physically fit and also mentally prepared." Wilson (5-3), who came in leading the majors with 116.3 pitches per start, threw just 75 through the first six innings before singles by Longoria and Yunel Escobar and a walk to Logan Forsythe loaded the bases with one out in the seventh. But Rays RBI leader James Loney grounded into a double play on the next pitch. "I made a couple of pitches with guys on base to get out of jams, and that was huge," Wilson said. "But the defence really bailed me out more than anything. They made some really good plays behind me. And the offence gave me six runs to work with, which is plenty -- especially when its in the first three innings like that." Cesar Ramos (1-3) lasted only 35 pitches, getting charged with four runs and four hits through 1 1-3 innings in his seventh start since he was inserted into the rotation to replace the injured Matt Moore. Howie Kendrick, who entered with a .363 career average against Tampa Bay, opened the scoring in the first with an RBI single and Erick Aybar hit a bases-loaded sacrifice fly two batters later. In the second, Ramos plunked No. 9 hitter Luis Jimenez just below the left knee with a pitch that bounced on the grass first. Collin Cowgill followed with a sharp single to the right of shortstop Escobar and continued to second on rookie centre fielder Kevin Kiermaiers throw to third. Manager Joe Maddon lifted Ramos at that point and brought in Brandon Gomes, who gave up a sacrifice fly to Mike Trout and an opposite-field ground-rule double by Albert Pujols that landed just inside the right field line. It was Pujols 535th career double, breaking a tie with Lou Gehrig for 34th place. It also ended an RBI drought of nine games and 39 at-bats by the two-time NL MVP since his run-scoring single against the Yankees Shawn Kelley on May 6 at Angel Stadium. "The bounced hit batter, I was kind of concerned about that -- and I thought it was really important to keep it where it was," Maddon said. "In general, we just have not been hitting lefties well. And if you look at Wilsons overall numbers against the guys in this particular lineup, I didnt see us scoring a whole lot of runs against him." Green, who came to the Angels last July in a trade that sent Alberto Callaspo to Oakland, made it 6-0 in the third with his homer to left-centre after a two-out double by Chris Iannetta. Green has two home runs in 174 career at-bats. The other one came on Sept. 2, 2013, a solo shot against Tampa Bays Josh Lueke at Angel Stadium as a pinch-hitter for Aybar. NOTES: Lueke was brought in to face Trout with the bases loaded in the sixth and struck him out. He then retired Pujols on a fielders choice grounder to short for the third out. ... Kiermaier, who was recalled from Triple-A Durham after CF Desmond Jennings went on the bereavement list following Friday nights loss, singled in the sixth for his first major league hit. Cheap Mavericks Jerseys China . The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Authentic . After losing a shutout bid in the dying seconds of Sundays win over the Colorado Avalanche, Luongo would not be denied against the punchless Oilers and is now just one back of Patrick Roy for 14th on the all-time list.TAMPA, Fla. -- Eric Fehr hopes a final-minute victory will jumpstart a positive stretch for the Washington Capitals. Fehr had two goals, including a tiebreaking redirection with 51.5 seconds left in the third period, as the Capitals beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-3 on Thursday night. "These are the kind of games that can be momentum builders for you," Fehr said. "It wasnt the prettiest way to win it, but scoring in the last couple of minutes, you could see the excitement on the bench. Hopefully we can carry that into tomorrow." Fehr was positioned in close when he tipped Mike Greens shot past Anders Lindback, helping the Capitals improve to 2-3-3 over their last eight games. Washington plays again Friday night at home against Toronto. Tampa Bay had pulled even at 3 on Ondrej Palats nifty tip-in of Matt Carles shot at 14:30 of the third. Martin St. Louis also assisted on the goal to move past Rick Tocchet into sole possession of 89th place on the NHLs career list with 953 points. The teams switched ends midway through each period due to what was called "poor ice" in the visitors crease. "I think the one crease, I dont know if it was a heating issue or something, but the ice was getting really soft," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. "There was a thought that it might be a disadvantage in that crease. It didnt have any effect on the game." "You kind of forget which end you were going to for a bit there," Fehr said. Washington also got goals from Mikhail Grabovski and Marcus Johansson. Tyler Johnson and B.J. Crombeen had the other goals for the Lightning. The Capitals won the first meeting this season 6-5 in a shootout on Dec. 10, a game in which Alex Ovechkin had four goals and Nickllas Backstrom contributed a goal and four assists. Cheap Mavericks Jerseys. Ovechkin and Backstrom both had an assist Thursday. Washington took a 3-1 first-period lead, keyed by power-play goals from Grabovski and Johansson. After Grabovski scored on a redirection at 10:37, Johansson made it 3-1 from in close with 12 seconds left in the first. Crombeen stopped a personal 56-game goal drought from the right circle to get Tampa Bay within 3-2 at 6:45 of the second. A potential tying goal by Palat later in the period was disallowed when it was ruled he kicked the puck into the net. Johnson put the Lightning up 1-0 when he lifted a shot over Philipp Grubauer during a breakaway 4:08 into the game. Palat assisted on the goal to set a Tampa Bay rookie record by extending his point streak to eight games. Grubauer finished with 33 saves. Fehr tied it at 1 by beating Anders Lindback from the left circle at 7:04 of the first. Lindback stopped 16 shots, including 10 of 11 over the final two periods. "You hold them to 11 shots the last two periods, and its another one of those situations we had multiple chances to take the lead and we didnt," Cooper said. "We just broke down at the end." NOTES: Cooper believes Lightning star Steven Stamkos can return from a broken right shin in time for next months Olympics. Stamkos is on Canadas Olympic team and has been out since he was injured Nov. 11 at Boston. ... Lightning G Ben Bishop was placed on the injured list because of a sprained right wrist. ... Green assisted on Grabovskis goal for his 200th NHL assist. His assist on Fehrs game-winner was his 300th NHL point... Capitals RW Martin Erat was scratched. ... Tampa Bay D Radko Gudas left after the first period with a lower body injury. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors