Pinedas hand until the fou

lw789
l
Pinedas hand until the fou
Posted on 8:39pm Jul 13, 2017
SALT LAKE CITY -- Nick Young gave the Lakers a reason to smile near the end of this gloomy season. Niklas Kronwall Red Wings Jersey . Young scored a season-high 41 points and helped Los Angeles snap a seven-game losing streak with a 119-104 victory against the Utah Jazz on Monday night. The mercurial guard bounced around the court, playing full-throttle. "You have to find the joy even when you may be frustrated with the way things have been going," Young said. Coach Mike DAntoni said: "Nick is fun, a good guy in the sense that he is always laughing and smiling,". "He can get his shot off of anybody and when he gets on rolls, he uncanny in how he can score." Jodie Meeks had 23 points and Jordan Hill added 21 for Lakers, who had only eight healthy players. Alec Burks scored 22 points and Gordon Hayward had 21 points for Utah. Enes Kanter had 19 points and 12 rebounds and Trey Burke chipped in 17 for the Jazz, who have lost 10 of 11 games. The game was tied at 86 after the third quarter, and then the Lakers found their range. Los Angeles outscored the Jazz 33-18 and the Utah players heard a mix of cheers and boos as the clock expired in their last home game of the season. Los Angeles converted Utahs 18 largely unforced turnovers into 29 points and outrebounded the Jazz 21-12 in the second half. "They were turnovers that didnt give us a chance to get back and make stops. They made us pay," Utah coach Ty Corbin said. Young fought through ball denials to get off shots all over the court -- jumpers and acrobatic drives to the baskets. He yelled at the crowd and bobbed his head, flashing a variety of hand signals after swishing 3s. "Hey Swaggy P can play a little bit and I just want you people to see that. I got a future. I can do my thing, Im telling you all. Better watch out for me," Young said, referencing his self-proclaimed alter-ego. Three late misses stopped him short of his career-high of 43 points. "That was tough. It was great to have my teammates and my coach try and help me out there. I wish I had those last few shots back," Young said. In recent days, the teams were locked in a battle for lottery seeding and a better chance at one of the top four picks in the 2014 draft. The Jazz seem to have solidified the fourth slot and may match their club-worst 24-58 record in 1979-80, the first season after the franchise moved from New Orleans to Utah. The Lakers have no reason to tank for a better lottery seed as most will be elsewhere next season. A dozen of the 15 players on the roster could be free agents, including Young if he opts out of his $1.2 million deal for next season. The Jazz started the presumed core of their future -- Hayward, Derrick Favours, Kanter, Burks and Burke -- for the third time this season but all three games have ended in late-game collapses and losses. The Lakers have already set a record for most losses in a season, the worst since the NBA went to an 82-game slate. They will miss the playoffs for the just the second time in two decades but this win stopped them short of their first eight-game skid since March 2005. "Were not last place now," Young said. "Were not quitters." DAntoni and Corbin are both rumoured to be on their way out and the game resembled a pre-season contest with porous defences, lots of broken plays and sloppy turnovers. The lack of defensive intensity did lead to excellent accuracy as the Lakers hit 55 per cent of their field goals and the Jazz shot 52 per cent from the floor. The Jazz led by as many as 13 points before the Lakers closed the half on a 19-2 run, powered by Meeks nine points. "Early on we struggled, but thats basketball. We knew we were going to make some runs," Meeks said. NOTES: A significant portion of crowd was dressed in gold and out-cheered the home crowd as the Lakers rallied to take the lead at the end of the first half and opened a big advantage in the fourth quarter. . Not one of the Lakers that started this game was in the lineup of the opening game of the season. . Burke, Burks, Kanter, Favours, Jeremy Evans, and Rudy Gobert are the only players with guaranteed contracts with the Jazz for next season. . Kendall Marshall had 2 points and 15 assists for the Lakers. Vladimir Konstantinov Jersey . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. Tomas Tatar Red Wings Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2.BOSTON -- Less than two weeks after pitching against Boston with what appeared to be pine tar on his pitching hand, the New York Yankees Michael Pineda was ejected from a game against the Red Sox on Wednesday night after umpires found a foreign substance on his neck. Boston manager John Farrell didnt alert umpires about brown goo on the lower part of Pinedas right palm during a 4-1 win over Boston at Yankee Stadium on April 10. Photos of Pinedas pitching hand that night sparked a debate about pitchers use of sticky substances to get a better grips in cool weather. With two outs and a 1-2 count on Grady Sizemore on Wednesday, Farrell left his dugout to talk with plate umpire Gerry Davis, who went to the mound. Davis touched the right side of the pitchers neck with his index finger then ejected Pineda as other umpires and Yankee infielders stood nearby. On a night with a game time temperature of 50 degrees, Farrell had said before batting practice: "I would expect if its used, its more discreet than last time." Pineda left with the Yankees trailing 2-0 after he allowed two runs and four hits in the first inning. He was replaced by David Phelps. Rule 8.02(b) says a pitcher shall not "have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game. In addition, the pitcher shall be suspended automatically." "We will talk to the umpires tomorrow and review their report bbefore taking any action," Major League Baseball spokesman Michael Teevan said. Gordie Howe Red Wings Jersey. In recent suspensions of pitchers for pine tar, Tampa Bays Joel Peralta was penalized eight games in 2012, the Los Angeles Angels Brendan Donnelly 10 days in 2005 and St. Louis Julian Tavarez 10 days in 2004. The suspensions of Donnelly and Tavarez were cut to eight days after they asked the players association to appeal, and Peralta dropped his challenge with no reduction. In Pinedas previous start against the Red Sox, television cameras caught Pineda with what appeared to be sticky pine tar on his hand on a cool night. Farrell didnt see a photograph of Pinedas hand until the fourth inning; when Pineda came out to warm up for the fifth, his hand was clean. "In conditions like last night, its not uncommon for pitchers to try and get a grip in some way," Farrell said later. "Were more focused on what we need to do offensively to kind of get going rather than taking anything away from his abilities." Joe Torre, MLBs executive vice-president of baseball operations, said in a statement April 11 that Pineda would not be suspended for the substance on his hand. "The umpires did not observe an application of a foreign substance during the game, and the issue was not raised by the Red Sox," Torre said then. "Given those circumstances, there are no plans to issue a suspension, but we intend to talk to the Yankees regarding what occurred." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors