n turned it on after Jan. 1. "

lw789
l
n turned it on after Jan. 1. "
Posted on 7:35pm Jun 29, 2017
CLEVELAND - Jason Giambi has never taken a single day as a major leaguer for granted. Ryane Clowe Jersey . And at 43, the veteran sluggers not about to start. Giambi was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday by the Cleveland Indians, who also recalled right-hander Trevor Bauer from Triple-A Columbus to start against Detroit and made several other roster moves. Although he wasnt in the starting lineup to face Justin Verlander, Giambi is grateful to be back in any capacity. "Its fun to have your name on the lineup card and get a chance to help the ball club out," he said. Giambi had been placed on the DL on May 5 with a strained calf he injured a day earlier against the Chicago White Sox. It was his Giambis second trip to the DL after he fractured a rib during spring training. Before he went on the DL last month, Giambi, who has 438 career homers, was hitless in 10 at-bats. Its been a rough start. "I went basically from a broken rib, played a few games, calf injury," he said. "That kind of happens when you get that short spring training and dont get to play much. Its definitely hard to get going and come back to the cold weather, but Im excited to be back." The Indians also promoted utility man Justin Sellers from Triple-A Columbus and optioned infielder Jose Ramirez to the Clippers. First baseman Jesus Aguilar, who had two RBIs in Mondays win over Detroit, and left-hander T.J. House were optioned back to the minor leagues to clear room for Giambi and Bauer. Indians manager Terry Francona intends to use Giambi in pinch-hitting situations. Hell also be used at designated hitter, and could see more time if Carlos Santana, who is batting .148, continues to struggle. Giambi said if there was one positive about his calf injury, its that it didnt prevent him from keeping his swing sharp. "I was able to do everything," he said. "I could hit. I could do everything else. With the rib, I basically couldnt do anything. I was shut down for basically five weeks, not doing anything. "So, that was nice. I could still hit, throw, everything but run. I kept up with my hitting, which was great. I feel like I could catch up, like I dont have to make up that time to get some swings in, so thats big for me." Bauer will be making his second start. The right-hander, who went 4-1 with a 2.15 ERA in seven starts in the minors, will match up against Verlander and face Detroits fearsome lineup for the first time. The 23-year-old Bauer struck out eight in a spot start against San Diego on April 9. He took the loss, but went back to Columbus and continued to dominate. "We were glad we got a chance to glimpse the last outing, and then he went back to Triple-A and kicked it into gear," Francona said. "Weve been talking for a year, this guys a big part of what we want to do going forward. And to see him growing and understanding, its exciting." Mike Cammalleri Jersey . - Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte sees the commitment to the handoff and cant help but come away impressed. Jacob Josefson Devils Jersey .That is precisely what they got Sunday.The Ravens trailed at halftime and never built a comfortable lead against lowly Jacksonville, yet did just enough to squeeze out a 20-12 win to stay in the thick of the AFC playoff race. MIAMI -- LeBron James leaped onto a courtside table as the postgame celebration was starting, thumped his chest and punched the air. Next stop: The Eastern Conference finals. Again. James scored 29 points, Dwyane Wade added 28 and Ray Allen delivered two huge plays in the final seconds as the Heat rallied to beat the Brooklyn Nets 96-94 on Wednesday night, winning the second-round matchup 4-1. "Its always been like that for us," James said. "Its never easy. Its never easy for us." Sure looks easy, though. It was the 10th straight series win for the two-time defending NBA champions. "When we met the first day for prep we said the No. 1 key, overwhelmingly the No. 1 key in this series, was great mental stability," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Thats what it was down the stretch ... incredible focus." Incredible defence, too, when it was needed most. Down by eight with less than five minutes left, the Heat forced Brooklyn into nine straight missed shots while peeling off a 12-0 run to take the lead. Allens 3-pointer off an assist by Mario Chalmers with 32 seconds remaining was the go-ahead moment, and the Heat wouldnt trail again. Allen disrupted Joe Johnsons dribble on the games final play, James then swatted the bouncing ball out of everyones reach, time expired -- and the Heat advanced. "Give the Heat credit," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "They were attacking there in the fourth quarter. We were attacking. Both teams were attacking. They made plays, they made shots and we didnt." Chris Bosh scored 16 and Allen finished with 13 for Miami. Johnson had 34 points, Paul Pierce scored 19 and Deron Williams had 17 for the Nets. Its the sixth trip to the East title series in the last 10 seasons for Miami, which is bidding for a fourth straight trip to the NBA Finals -- something only the Lakers and Celtics franchises have accomplished. James is heading to the East finals for the sixth time in eight seasons, the first two of those trips coming with Cleveland in 2007 and 2009. The Heat will next face either fifth-seeded Washington or top-seeded Indiana. The Pacers lead that series 3-2, one win away from setting up a rematch with Miami that seemed like an absolute certainty for much of the season. "Obviously, we thought this was a game we should have won," Johnson said. Brooklyn led 49-42 at the half, with Miami missing 15 of its first 166 tries from 3-point range. Ken Daneyko Jersey. . The Nets closed the half on an 8-0 run and the lone bright spot in the opening 24 minutes for Miami was Wade, who had 20 points -- more than any other two players to that point combined -- on 7-for-12 shooting. "He has a way, right? Hes a playoff warrior," Spoelstra said. Eventually, barely, Miami broke through. But it took most of the second half to get there, since whenever Miami tried to put together a run Brooklyn found a way to keep things together. -- A layup from James late in the third got the Heat within three; a minute later, the margin was eight again. -- A free throw from James with 9:03 left cut Brooklyns lead to 77-73; less than a minute later, it was 82-73 after a 3-pointer by Pierce. -- A 3-pointer by Bosh made it a four-point game again; two Brooklyn possessions and zero Miami stops later, it was 86-78 after a sensational step-back jumper by Johnson. And when Johnson connected on another tough shot with 4:49 left, it was 91-83 and the Nets could sense that the night would be theirs. Then the Heat scored the next 12 points, and that was enough. Barely, but enough. "For us, it was just about getting stops," Wade said. "We knew offensively that we needed to execute, but we knew we werent going to win the game unless we got some stops." For the Nets, more than $180 million in salary and luxury tax was supposed to bring a championship. Instead, billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov got only a trip to the second round as his return on a massive investment. Brooklyn lost centre Brook Lopez to a broken foot after 17 games, struggled through the first two months of the season, then turned it on after Jan. 1. "We fought back and hung in there this year," Williams said. "A lot of people counted us out." Some big decisions -- mainly regarding the futures of Pierce and Kevin Garnett -- will have to be made by the Nets. Pierce will be a free agent; Garnett has a year left on his deal, though its been speculated he will consider retirement. Garnett left without comment. "Emotions are too fresh right now," Pierce said. Miamis future is more clear. The East finals await. NOTES: Wade had 12 points in the first quarter, his highest-scoring output from an opening period in his last 179 regular-season and playoff games. ... Both of Johnsons 30-point games in these playoffs came on the road. He had 32 at Toronto on April 30. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors