but it was upheld on review. The tying run would have scored had the chall

lw789
l
but it was upheld on review. The tying run would have scored had the chall
Posted on 8:06pm Jun 27, 2017
SALT LAKE CITY - For one night at least, Tayshaun Prince brought back memories of his successful run with Detroit at the start of his career. Milwaukee Brewers Hoodie .Prince scored 19 points, and the Boston Celtics held off the Utah Jazz for a 99-90 victory on Monday.I just had shots fall for me tonight and got in a good rhythm, Prince said. Everybody knows I bring some intangibles and defence. I can slow things downs and help my teammates out, but tonight shots were falling and that made it even better.Tyler Zeller had 14 points and seven rebounds for Boston, which grabbed control with a big second quarter. Jared Sullinger had 12 points and nine rebounds, and Avery Bradley also scored 12.The 34-year-old Prince, who was acquired from Memphis in a three-team trade on Jan. 12, was 7 for 10 from the field and 3 for 4 at the free-throw line.Tayshaun always knows whats going on, Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. Hes lived it all. A team has got you down by 20 in a quarter and it doesnt look like his pulse has moved. You go up by 20 and it doesnt look like his pulse has moved. Hes just playing and he plays the right way. He made us better today.Gordon Hayward had 26 points for Utah, and Enes Kanter finished with 20. Reserve Trey Burke added 18 points, and Derrick Favours finished with 13 points with eight rebounds.The Celtics (16-27) dominated both sides of the floor in the second quarter, jumping to a 55-31 halftime lead. Boston outscored Utah 38-14 in the quarter while shooting 60 per cent from the field for the period.We didnt play hard, Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. Maybe its a little more complicated than that, we played soft as much as anything.Utah shot 29.4 per cent from the field in the second, but put together a big third period to get back in the game. Hayward had 13 in the third and Kanter scored 10. Haywards 3-pointer trimmed Bostons lead to 71-66 heading into the final period.But the Celtics pulled away in the fourth.We just got real slow with our ball movement in the third quarter, kind of satisfied with the lead, Prince said. We just passed the ball one time and shoot it. So when I got in there, I told the guys we were going to have to get some ball movement and take better shots.FAMILY AFFAIRBurke and Sullinger grew up together and played on the same high school team in Columbus, Ohio. Sullingers dad, Satch, coached the team.Hayward played college ball at Butler under Celtics coach Brad Stevens. The two led the Bulldogs to the 2010 title game, losing to Duke 61-59.POINT GUARD COMPJazz rookie Dante Exum has started the last three games, with Burke playing in a reserve role. Exum averaged 14 points and 4.5 assists in wins over Milwaukee and Brooklyn. He was held scoreless with two assists in 25 minutes against the Celtics.Burke put up points in bunches for the second consecutive game after scoring 19 against the Nets on Saturday. He played the fourth-quarter, crunch-time minutes Monday.I see him as a sixth starter, Snyder said before the game. That group has struggled to score and I think he gives us that. Im going to keep on him about defending the position and continuing to improve in that area, too. ... Theres probably more opportunities that come to him because theres a little more need to create.TIP-INSJazz: Forward Jeremy Evans did not play due to an illness. ... The Jazz outscored the Celtics 44-36 in the paint. ... The biggest Jazz lead was two points, three times in the first quarter.Celtics: The Celtics have won two of three, including a narrow three-point loss to Golden State last week. ... All 10 players who saw the floor scored. ... The Celtics are now 4-4 on the second night of back-to-back games.UP NEXTJazz: Host the Clippers on Wednesday.Celtics: Visit the Timberwolves on Wednesday. Aaron Hill Jersey . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. Tyler Thornburg Brewers Jersey . Lexie Lou earned a commanding 4 1/2-length win Sunday in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks.PHOENIX -- Devin Mesoraco had caught Bronson Arroyo often enough to know the pitcher likes to try to sneak a first-pitch curveball past hitters in tough situations. So when Mesoraco came to the plate to face his former teammate with the bases loaded and no outs in the second inning, he wasnt surprised to see that slow curve coming -- and the Cincinnati catcher hit into the seats in left field. The grand slam gave the Reds the lead for good and they went on to beat Arroyo and the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-4 on Friday night. "I was aware that he likes to flip that easy breaking ball in there for a first-pitch strike, especially in situations where he really needs a strike," Mesoraco said. "I wouldnt say that I was looking for it, but I went up there with an idea that may be coming." When Arroyo came to the plate later in the game, he talked to Mesoraco about it. "I said, Rac, you were supposed to take one," Arroyo said. He said, I couldnt let that one go by." Mesoraco also had a solo shot off reliever Evan Marshall in the ninth inning for the second two-homer game of his career. A.J. Pollock doubled twice, singled and scored two runs for the Diamondbacks. In the first five games of the homestand, Pollock is 11 for 20 with five doubles, a triple and a home run and has scored nine runs. Mike Leake (3-4) gave up four runs, three earned, and six hits in six innings for his first win in eight starts. He struck out four and walked one. Arroyo (4-4), facing his former team for the first time, allowed five runs and nine hits through seven innings. "Regardless of the results, that was one of the more enjoyable games I have pitched," he said. When you know someone that intimately, it is nice to know that the guys are beating you that they are good guys and it was a fun competition." Mesoracos second career slam came on the first pitch after the Reds opened the second inning with three consecutive singles. Aroldis Chapman pitched a perfect ninth for his sixth save. Roger Bernadina doubledd in Cincinnatis other run. Matt Garza Jersey. The Reds opened the second with singles by Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier and Bernadina, loading the bases for Mesoraco, who made it 4-1. Mesoracos other grand slam came against Atlanta on May 24, 2012. Arizona got two runs in the third. With two outs, Pollock lined one past Frazier at third base. It was originally ruled an error but later changed to a double. Gerardo Parra followed with an RBI single. He took second on the throw home, then scored when Frazier fielded Paul Goldschmidts slow bouncer and threw it high over the head of Bernadina at first and into the Reds dugout. Arizona squandered a chance to tie it in the fifth. Ender Inciarte led off with a double down the right field line and took second on Arroyos sacrifice bunt. But Pollock bounced to the pitcher and Parra grounded out to shortstop to end the threat. The Reds got a run in the sixth on Bernadinas RBI double, and Arizona answered with one in its half of the inning. Aaron Hill singled home Goldschmidt from second, leaving runners at first and third with one out. Chris Owings struck out, then Inciarte was called out at first with Leake taking the throw from second baseman Brandon Phillips and covering on a close play. Manager Kirk Gibson challenged the call but it was upheld on review. The tying run would have scored had the challenge been successful. "That was a huge play right there," Cincinnati manager Bryan Price said. "I wouldnt say a game-saver, but maybe a game-changer for sure." NOTES: The Reds Billy Hamilton stole his 19th base of the season. ... When Miguel Montero threw out Bernadina trying to steal third in the sixth, it was just the third caught stealing for the Arizona catcher in 28 tries. ... In the third game of the series Saturday night, the Reds have Johnny Cueto (4-4, 1.83 ERA) on the mound against Arizonas Brandon McCarthy (1-6, 4.87). ... Cincinnati is 26-11 with the roof closed at Chase Field, 5-12 with it open. It was open Friday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors