mingly comfortable 5-0 lead. "When

lw789
l
mingly comfortable 5-0 lead. "When
Posted on 7:34pm Jun 20, 2017
He wasnt able to lead the International team to a victory, but Graham DeLaet leaves his first Presidents Cup having gained a lot of respect and plenty of praise. Cheap Maurice Canady Jersey . Thats especially true after winding up his Sunday in dramatic fashion by holing his final shots on 18 in both his matches. Its not as if Canadians werent aware of DeLaets talent; after all, hes been the top Canuck for a few years now. You knew hed become mainstream in his home country when you stopped hearing "De-Lay." Hard-core golf fans elsewhere have also known about his remarkable ball-striking and accuracy off the tee, evident just by looking at his name at the top of so many statistical categories. They also watched as he performed well in the FedEx Cup playoffs, his beard lengthening each week. But its fair to say that this event will be DeLaets coming out party to the rest of the golf world. TV announcers have been singing his praises all week with Golf Channels Brandel Chamblee calling him the best ball-striker in the world right now. Johnny Miller was positively gushing at his talents and even Jack Nicklaus gave a nod to the Canadian. "I thought he played great," said the Golden Bear. "I talked to him on the first tee today and I said to him, Graham, the way youve played this week, I think this will mean an awful lot to your career." Hes also gained the respect of both captains here this week. "Hes fun to watch," said Fred Couples. "He hits it a long way, he putts well. You know, hes just a very good player." "Hes a hell of a player," said Nick Price. "I think Canada has a lot to look forward to the next 10 or 12 years or so, watching him play, because hed definitely major championship material." The enthusiasm he displayed all week was positively effervescent. On Thursday when his partner Jason Day rolled in a winning putt, DeLaet almost took Days arm off with the high five. When his putt dropped on Sunday morning in the match against Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley he reacted as if hed just scored in overtime to win the Stanley Cup. He managed to do it again in his singles match against Jordan Spieth, this time holing it from the bunker to win his match 1-up. "I executed them both well, but theres some luck involved as well," he admitted. "I mean, its super exciting to finish like that; to win the match here and then to halve the match this morning, it makes it even better." In addition to all the attention, its clear to see DeLaet gained a bushel full of confidence playing this Presidents Cup. Not that he was short on self-belief, but matching games with the best Americans and being one of the top point producers on the International team can only help when he returns to action on the PGA Tour in a few weeks in Las Vegas. "I definitely believe that deep inside, I feel a little more confidence in myself now," admitted DeLaet. "These are the best players in the world and this American team is just loaded with talent. To be able to come in here and play well against them means a lot." While the individual performance was tremendous, DeLaet admitted to disappointment at not being able to help his team break the long drought in the competition. Despite a record of 3-1-1 for the Canadian, once again, the Internationals were humbled by the Yanks, losing 18.5 to 15.5. "Thats the thing. Were here as a team to try and win this thing as a team and its great to play well, but its going to be tough going into that locker room and seeing all those guys," said DeLaet. "I mean, Im sure well have a couple of drinks tonight and just celebrate the friendships and everything that weve made." Its quite clear that when DeLaet leaves that locker room and the Presidents Cup and Muirfield Village, hell do so as a different player. Things wont be the same any more. This is a bona fide star on the rise. Cheap Tavon Young Jersey . Left back Armero opened the scoring in the fifth minute when his deflected shot rolled past Greece goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis. Striker Teofilo Gutierrez poked in Colombias second goal from a deflected corner in the 58th and James Rodriguez capped it off with a low shot in stoppage time after a slick backheel flick from Juan Cuadrado. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . They started shooting the puck. Joe Pavelski had a hat trick to move into a tie for second in the NHL in goals and the Sharks beat Philadelphia 7-3 Thursday night in the first game for both teams following the Olympic break.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The legend of Mike Trout just keeps on growing. Trout hit a game-tying grand slam in the bottom of the eighth, Josh Hamilton had three hits and scored the go-ahead run, and the Los Angeles Angels erased a five-run deficit to beat the Chicago White Sox 6-5 Saturday night. "We needed a victory like this," Trout said. "We never stopped fighting, had great at-bats, put some things together and we came out and got the W." Chicago starter Chris Sale took a three-hit shutout into the eighth and the White Sox held a commanding 5-0 lead. Erick Aybar led off the eighth with a double and scored on Chris Iannettas single, and after an error and another single loaded the bases, Trout hit a full-count changeup over the left-centre field fence to tie it. Aybar stroked a two-out RBI single later in the inning, and Ernesto Frieri closed it out for the Angels. The grand slam was Trouts only hit of the game. He has a hit in 14 of his last 15 games and has reached base in 26 of his last 27. "I was just (using a) two-strike approach," he said. "I wasnt trying to hit a home run, but it went out. The first two swings I was thinking home run, thats why I fouled them off. You try to get too big in situations you lose mechanics of your swing. That 3-2 pitch I just told myself to stay up the middle and put the ball in play." Sale was all but unhittable for the first seven innings. The 25-year-old left-hander didnt allow an Angels runner past second base to that point and appeared firmly in control. The Angels finally figured him out in the eighth. After Aybar doubled and scored on Iannettas single, Colin Cowgill reached on an error by shortstop Alexi Ramirez. Howie Kendrick poked a single through the right side to bring Trout up with the bases loaded and no outs, and the Angels outfielder belted the tying homer to whip the home crowd into a frenzy. "I dont really remember much from it," Sale said. "I just remember that ball going over the fence and wanting to rip my own head off. "Thats why hes the best inn the league. Cheap Ravens Jerseys Authentic. I cant really say too much about a guy like that hitting a home run off of you." Trouts blast, his 12th homer of the season, ended Sales night. The Angels werent done. Hamilton and C.J. Cron hit back-to-back two-out singles off reliever Jake Petricka (0-1), and Aybar poked a 2-2 fastball into centre field to score Hamilton and give the Angels their first lead of the game. "We never quit," Trout said. "Down 5-0 we could easily just put our heads down and stop fighting, but you never know. Everybody contributed. It was a team win for sure." Cory Rasmus (1-0), who was recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake before the game, pitched two scoreless innings of relief for the win. The White Sox opened the scoring in the third on back-to-back RBI singles by Adam Eaton and Gordon Beckham, and Alejandro De Aza smacked an RBI double into the right-centre field gap in the fourth to extend their lead to 3-0. Adam Dunn led off the sixth with a solo homer deep to centre field, his third consecutive game with a home run. The blast, which easily cleared the 396-foot marker in centre, ended the night for Angels starter Matt Shoemaker. Shoemaker surrendered nine hits and four runs, three earned, while striking out six. De Aza brought home another run on a sacrifice fly later in the sixth to give the White Sox a seemingly comfortable 5-0 lead. "When you put as much effort, and kind of your heart and soul into a game and it unravels like that, more than anything Im just kind of disappointed," Sale said. "I threw a good pitch to a better hitter, and things happen." NOTES: Chicago rookie Jose Abreu went 0 or 4 with four strikeouts, the first four-strikeout game of his career. ... Hamiltons fifth inning single was the first hit by left-handed batter against Sale this season. ... The Angels optioned outfielder Grant Green to Triple-A Salt Lake before the game. ... The Angels celebrated Albert Pujols joining the 500-homer club in a pregame ceremony. Tony La Russa was among the speakers. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors