New Website!

Gamma
Jordan
Site Administrator
New Website!
Posted on 6:59pm Oct 7, 2012
Hey everyone, just giving a heads up that we are almost ready to launch our new website! This should hopefully be happening within the next day or so. We are going to be migrating all data to the new site so nothing should be lost. There may be bugs or issues, but don't worry, nothing will be missing forever. We will freeze the current site before we migrate over and once the new site is available, everything should be ready to use. I know this affects LANFest Sacramento registration and seating, so we are trying to work as fast as we can. Due to the transfer, refunds and other outstanding requests from the current site will need to be handled via email and may take longer to resolve. Please email support@lfest.org with any requests and we will work on it as fast as possible. When the new site launches we will be able to manage these via the new support system. Stay tuned... :D
[Reply] [Quote]
matguy
Matt
RE: New Website!
Posted on 4:07am Oct 8, 2012
Does this include the forums themselves, or primarily the LAN info, registration, etc. portions?
[Reply] [Quote]
Gamma
Jordan
Site Administrator
Posted on 5:00am Oct 8, 2012
Everything can be transfered, but we'll have to freeze it all to make sure nothing gets lost on the way over :D
[Reply] [Quote]
aj
AJ
Site Administrator
Posted on 5:20pm Oct 11, 2012
we've moved over all the users, past registrations, and some select forums (general, modding, and the Sacramento fall event forums).
LANFest Website Admin and MassiveLAN President
[Reply] [Quote]
Stealth5706
Daniel
Posted on 4:58am Oct 12, 2012 Edited on 4:58am Oct 12, 2012
Quote:
At 1:20am October 12th, 2012, aj said:
we've moved over all the users, past registrations, and some select forums (general, modding, and the Sacramento fall event forums).

This is awesome news!
Wish there were more places like RaptR that allowed you to show off game-play stuff like this (Other than xfire because it kept messing up my games so did not get installed on the new computer...)

fs_lastplayed.png
[Reply] [Quote]
matguy
Matt
Posted on 1:42pm Oct 12, 2012
So far, so good
[Reply] [Quote]
SizzlersaM
Sam
Posted on 6:56pm Oct 14, 2012
Looks great!
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 7:42am Oct 15, 2012
I have to admit, I liked the "darker" style of the previous site (have yet to play with this site, so not sure if I can change that to my liking), but so far this updated site is clean.
[Reply] [Quote]
Stealth5706
Daniel
Posted on 8:34am Oct 15, 2012
Quote:
At 3:42pm October 15th, 2012, twinklenuts said:
I have to admit, I liked the "darker" style of the previous site (have yet to play with this site, so not sure if I can change that to my liking), but so far this updated site is clean.
No, no theme change as of yet. Maybe in the future. So far however it is very nice, extrememely nice for the seat choosing because now you can see it on a map instead of a lot of boxes. :)
Wish there were more places like RaptR that allowed you to show off game-play stuff like this (Other than xfire because it kept messing up my games so did not get installed on the new computer...)

fs_lastplayed.png
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 9:23am Oct 21, 2012
^ah, I see.  the specific event I go to (DuPont) hasn't gone live yet, so haven't gotten to play with that feature yet.
[Reply] [Quote]
matguy
Matt
Posted on 3:46pm Oct 21, 2012 Edited on 3:47pm Oct 21, 2012
Quote:
At 5:23pm October 21st, 2012, twinklenuts said:
^ah, I see.  the specific event I go to (DuPont) hasn't gone live yet, so haven't gotten to play with that
Sooooon... I hope
[Reply] [Quote]
Kill-Jack
Jay
Posted on 1:32pm Oct 24, 2012
Could you guys put up a link to an archive of the old forums. This would be so that we can still access some of the items and links for pictures form the older lanfest events. Particularly for me would be Colorado. I just dont have the link for the events pictures. I also kind of liked the slightly darker look of the old site, it was easier on the eyes.
[Reply] [Quote]
rew1red
Winston
Site Administrator
Posted on 10:55am Oct 25, 2012
Unfortunately the old site is completley unaccessible- but we *did* save most of the old forum data. We may work on getting it imported to these forms at some point, but there are lots of other new features we have on our list that we are working to get done. Remeber, you can always get to photos of the old event on our Picassa, and in our gallery, as soon as we have it complete and launched! I'm sorry you feel that way about the new design; we felt it was time to give the LANFest website a nice new look.
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 10:59am Oct 25, 2012
We spoke about possibly restoring the archived data during the planning meeting as there were old threads where people had volunteered servers/services.  Unfortunately I don't have that information anywhere but in the threads.  If the data could be restored that would be awesome!
[Reply] [Quote]
aj
AJ
Site Administrator
Posted on 2:19am Oct 26, 2012
do you know what forum it was in?
LANFest Website Admin and MassiveLAN President
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 6:35am Oct 26, 2012
It would have been in the previous InfernaLAN forums.  I think the last event specifically had some people offering services after the fact.  It could have been two events ago though.  Thanks!
[Reply] [Quote]
Saarav Singh
Saarav
Posted on 7:17pm Jul 31, 2017
You have here started the very serious issue making the things clear about the agenda of the websites that we must take before starting to them.

Here you can easily see that there are various types of people using websites but some fo them do that website spam and If you wanted to make your site protective and safe then Use the SSL protection like this Lanfest Website.

August 2017 Calendar September 2017 Calendar October 2017 Calendar November 2017 Calendar December 2017 Calendar Printable Calendar 2018

This may help you to understand the after math of the websites and how a website can easily make the money and various things.

[Reply] [Quote]
ayurvedam
ayurveda
Posted on 4:37pm Aug 9, 2017
thank you for sharing this information.the new website creation is first for attraction.the clients.thank you for sharing the beautiful tips.
[Reply] [Quote]
cherylfaye
Cheryl
Posted on 7:47pm Aug 9, 2017
Here you can without much of a stretch see that there are different sorts of individuals utilizing sites yet some of them do that site spam and If you needed to make your Custom Essay Help Service webpage defensive and safe at that point Use the SSL assurance like this Lanfest Website.
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors