AtlantaLAN

XON
Andrew
AtlantaLAN
Posted on 3:56am Nov 16, 2010
My team already knows that we will be attending this LAN, but we are starting to second guess wether it will be worth it or not. We are planning on attending for Black Ops, and there is still no actual mention of what gametype or prizes, other then a raffle. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

-XON
[Reply] [Quote]
s1deffect
Kevin
LANFest Atlanta Organizer
RE: AtlantaLAN
Posted on 8:09am Nov 16, 2010
We will definitely be having a CoD BO tournament , however I don't think it will have any prizes this time around. The main tournaments we will have prizes for are Team Fortress 2 , Starcraft 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. However if we get more prizes we can possibly delegate them to the winners of the CoD BO tournament. At this point in time we do not have a prize list, but as vendors send us things we will have an idea of what they will be :D . Hope this helps
[Reply] [Quote]
nightside
eric
Posted on 10:36am Nov 16, 2010
pretty sure 75% of people going will be going for black ops..
[Reply] [Quote]
nightside
eric
Posted on 10:39am Nov 16, 2010
If you do decide to change your mind and make BO your primary game advertise in #blackops    TONS of teams would come and your event would be very large...
[Reply] [Quote]
nightside
eric
Posted on 11:04am Nov 16, 2010
also go into #codevents
[Reply] [Quote]
s1deffect
Kevin
Posted on 11:25am Nov 16, 2010
I hear you guys. We may swap out the BF2 tournament for CoD. I will keep you posted.
[Reply] [Quote]
rew1red
Winston
Site Administrator
Posted on 2:47pm Nov 16, 2010
I've got to say, I vote for the Black Ops Swap.
[Reply] [Quote]
XON
Andrew
Posted on 5:28pm Nov 16, 2010
The swap would be a good idea, BC2 was so 1 week after release.
[Reply] [Quote]
tink
Kris
Posted on 5:37pm Nov 16, 2010
I concur
[Reply] [Quote]
DisturbeD
Bill
Posted on 5:45pm Nov 16, 2010
I Concur with switching to Black Ops
[Reply] [Quote]
rew1red
Winston
Site Administrator
Posted on 12:47pm Nov 17, 2010
At this time, we are happy to announce that, due to popular demand, Call of Duty: Black Ops will now be an official tournament at the Atlanta LAN. We are still settling up the final tournament details, so if you guys have any input, hurry along and let us know. Black Ops WILL be replacing our BC2 tournament (sorry BC2 players), although we will still have BC2 as a scrip type/for fun game. HOWEVER, we still wont know our prizes for this even untill a few weeks out, and again, the only way to guarentee good ones is to have tons and tons of people register. So now that we will offer Black Ops as an official, prize-winning tournament, wont you please, please sign-up (for those who have already- thank you) to attend the Atlanta LANFest? We still have 4 more spots left in that "First 50" triple raffle deal! :)
[Reply] [Quote]
XON
Andrew
Posted on 7:37am Nov 18, 2010
Search and Destroy 5v5 Please. Add me on steam "Karnivorz" if you need information on server configs or anything else. Thanks.
[Reply] [Quote]
s1deffect
Kevin
Posted on 8:57am Nov 18, 2010
Here is what we have for the CoD Tournament
5 v 5 Search and Destory Rule Set : Game Mode: Hardcore Search & Destroy
Round Time: 2.5 Minutes
Bomb Timer: 45 Seconds
Plant/Defuse Time: 7.5 Seconds
Round Switch: 2 Rounds
Round Win Limit: 4 Rounds
Kill-Cam: Off
Sprinting: Yes
Team Killing: On
Classes: Custom Only
Perks: Off
Killstreaks: Off
Team Size: 5 Players
Game Recording: ENABLED
Pre-Match: YES
Voice Chat: NO
Auto-Balance Teams: NO
Votekick / Map Vote: NO
VAC: YES 
[Reply] [Quote]
gellin
James
Posted on 12:30pm Nov 22, 2010 Edited on 12:33pm Nov 22, 2010
Round Win Limit: 4 Rounds ????? WTF ?????????

BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS. BLACK OPS, BLACK OPS.
[Reply] [Quote]
wesjzo
Wes
Posted on 12:31pm Nov 22, 2010 Edited on 1:54pm Nov 22, 2010
Can we get more than a 4 round win limit? Maybe like first to 13/best of 24? Maybe a 5 second plant and 7.5 second defuse? Just ideas...

edit: I've actually been having trouble getting that round set with the rcon tool. Seems like the most you can do is 7 per side, 8 to win, so best of 14.
[Reply] [Quote]
wesjzo
Wes
Posted on 2:25pm Nov 22, 2010
And please, no Hardcore...
[Reply] [Quote]
gellin
James
Posted on 2:30pm Nov 22, 2010 Edited on 2:39pm Nov 22, 2010
I just noticed you said HARDCORE ?, your really going to loose alot of interest from the competitive call of duty players. Personally after noticing this and seeing the "Round Win Limit: 4 Rounds", I do not want to play in this event anymore. Maybe ill still come and play in the games that are for fun.

->EDIT:: Also if you haven't already you might wanna consider disabling perks and attachments most of the competitive gamers are playing "barebones" as close as we can get to the cod4 pro mod, without an actual mod. There are plenty of server configs already out that do exactly this.

->EDIT 2.0:: Most scrims we have played in no one wants you to use Decoys, Stuns, shottys, thats all i can think of at the moment.

Even if we have to use perks and attachments please reconsider your "HARDCORE" idea.
[Reply] [Quote]
alias
Kevin
Posted on 2:57pm Nov 22, 2010
Hardcore????? Please do not run hardcore! I agree with the person that posted above me that everyone who is playing in competition is playing barebones. Please reconsider this decision. Thank you for considering our ideas to make this LAN a great time.
[Reply] [Quote]
s1deffect
Kevin
Posted on 3:27pm Nov 22, 2010 Edited on 3:28pm Nov 22, 2010
Here is the revised ruleset from what we are hearing. We added rounds and changed to normal S&D Game Mode: Search & Destroy
Round Time: 2.5 Minutes 
Bomb Timer: 45 Seconds
Plant/Defuse Time: 7.5 Seconds
Round Switch: 7 Rounds
Round Win Limit: 13 Rounds
Kill-Cam: Off
Sprinting: Yes
Team Killing: On
Classes: Custom Only
Perks: Off
Killstreaks: Off
Team Size: 5 Players
Game Recording: ENABLED
Pre-Match: YES
Voice Chat: NO
Auto-Balance Teams: NO
Votekick / Map Vote: NO
VAC: YES 

Maps:
Villa 
Array
Crisis
Havana
Radiation
[Reply] [Quote]
gellin
James
Posted on 4:17pm Nov 22, 2010
Sounds like a barrel of fun, i forgot to mention, please add no equipment to your list, and no attachements, attachments can go either way, but without perks having equipment with no perks, theres gonna be a clay around everycorner and bomb site and we wont be able to select a perk to see clays, so no perks and no equipment kinda go hand an hand. 

Anyone else have thoughts on having.
[Reply] [Quote]
wesjzo
Wes
Posted on 4:24pm Nov 22, 2010 Edited on 4:30pm Nov 22, 2010
Looking great! Just no equipment and no attachments and I think you'll be set. Map list is nice!
[Reply] [Quote]
gellin
James
Posted on 4:32pm Nov 22, 2010
I totally agree these are the best 5 SnD maps, i'm this excited.  [img]http://reporter.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451d69069e20120a74f571c970b-pi[/img]
[Reply] [Quote]
KriB
Patrick
Posted on 10:31pm Nov 23, 2010
Good stuff, similar to a cevo rule set, I'm looking forward to this most def.2.gif
[Reply] [Quote]
deviantduck
Joshua
Posted on 12:13pm Dec 6, 2010
any new updates?
[Reply] [Quote]
Jameshenry06
Jamess
Posted on 9:56pm Sep 13, 2017
I am also waiting for the new update. I would be very happy to see that you are updating your part very seriously, Thanks
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors