keyboard requires AC power connection...

whiteninjazx6r
Kevin
keyboard requires AC power connection...
Posted on 8:05am Jun 4, 2014
So if you only get 2 AC power ports, what about power for people who have powered keyboards? Any ideas?
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
RE: keyboard requires AC power connection...
Posted on 9:37am Jun 4, 2014
I responded to a ticket just a bit ago, not sure it was yours.  Your options would be along the lines of:
 - get another keyboard or if possible not use whatever feature of your keyboard that requires power (I'm assuming this is maybe an LCD readout, or something such as that)
 - try to work it out with others around you that might not be using all their ports (bought multiple seats, laptop users, etc.)
 - buy a secondary seat

Hopefully all works out for you.  Please do not daisy chain off of the power strips as that is a fire hazard and you will be asked to leave.
[Reply] [Quote]
twodavez
David
Posted on 12:20am Jul 30, 2014
I've attended Quakecon in Dallas, TX several year, and they do allow a 3 way splitter for these types of items. It's not a power strip, so it's just allowing a little more access to the power without opening up too many plugs.
Maybe an electrician could spell out why this is prefered over daisy chaining another power strip.
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 12:02pm Aug 5, 2014
ultimately you're putting more load on the outlet than possibly intended, but it is typically less of an issue compared to a daisy chain.  You really need to check with the on-site staff for your respective LAN.  I'm not positive, but this may be against OSHA standards, so that could play a factor as well.
[Reply] [Quote]
harryhumphries
Harry
Posted on 5:52pm Jan 25, 2017
I always use my laptop to prepare my assignment and from the last few days, it is making issues and not working properly. I handed over it to my friend to do my assignment for Assignment Help and it is not working like before. I suspect that there is a virus which attacked after he used USB in it. Can anyone assist me in finding the problem and its solution?
[Reply] [Quote]

Connect With LANFest

Platinum Sponsors

Intel Corportation

Gold Sponsors

Gigabyte

Silver Sponsors