Edit Time Limit?

Harshmage
Bryan
Edit Time Limit?
Posted on 9:35am Mar 11, 2009
While I understand that it is stated in the FAQ that posts can only be edited in a certain amount of time after they are made, I just have a couple of questions regarding it:

1. What's the time limit set at?
2. ummm...Why? I mean, it doesn't make the forum database (SQL or whatnot) work any harder than a new post would. Limiting the amount of time might be one of those "Think before you post" tactics, but until I looked up why I couldn't edit my previous postings, I had no idea. I've made a thread on the DesertBash section that I'd love to update with information that's further on in the thread, so people won't have to hunt for it, but I can't edit my first posting to do that.

I'm not saying locking down posts is a bad idea, but I just don't see the benefit of it. Can I get a bit of clarification?
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
RE: Edit Time Limit?
Posted on 8:32pm Mar 11, 2009
I agree with Harshmage's comments. I would rather be able to go back and re-edit a post with more information than create another one. Especially if it is a thread that I started where I would like to update the initial post with more information.
[Reply] [Quote]
Han
Han
Posted on 5:18am Mar 22, 2009
Time limit removed.
[Reply] [Quote]
twinklenuts
Dan
Posted on 4:18am Mar 23, 2009
thanks!