|NETWAR||LANFest NETWAR 24.0|
What Is NETWAR?
NETWAR is a LAN party organization in Omaha, Nebraska. We are a chapter of the national Intel LANFest organization. Our goal is to organize and host very large LAN (Local Area Network) parties with many gamers at least 2 to 3 times a year. Our entire organization and staff is non-profit for charity. 100% of all attendee admission fees goes straight to charity! Gamers bring their computers and show up to play multiplayer computer games for many hours straight, while having a fun time and meeting other fellow gamers. Anyone who enjoys playing computer games can attend, there is no age or gaming skill restriction. NETWAR caters for both the competitive gamer who likes to play in tournaments as well as the hobbyist gamer who just enjoys playing his favorite video games for fun with a bunch of other gamers while having the chance to win big prizes in our door prize raffles!
Watch the NETWAR 16.0 video that explains a little bit about our events
NETWAR has raised $16,008 to date for charity in just our last 3 events since we became a chapter of LANFest.
|Charities donated to so far:
|Child's Play||United Way||Omaha Open Door Mission|
Want to see pictures and videos of our previous events, check out the Pics & Vids tab.
Next Event: LANFest NETWAR 24.0 (Feb 1 - 2, 2013)
NETWAR is back at it! This time at a new venue! The Scott Conference Center will be the location for our next event LANFest NETWAR 24.0 taking place on February 1, 2013.
EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
LANFest NETWAR 24.0
February 1-2, 2013 (Friday - Saturday)
Doors open at 7:00pm on Friday February 1.
Event is non-stop until 9:00pm on Saturday February 2. (26 hours long)
Where: (NEW VENUE!)
Scott Conference Center
6450 Pine St.
Omaha, NE 68106
Get Directions & Hotel Information
Scott Conference Center (Venue): 402-778-6313
We have (260) BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) seats
$25 paid online in advance of event (at least 2 weeks)
$40 at door (If any tickets are left)
Only (1) seat/ticket per person. You may buy more than one ticket, but they must be distributed to another person.
Spectators may enter the event for free, please do not hang around very long.
Pepsi and Coke products plus Red Bull, Monster and other energy drinks will be available for purchase from the venue during the event for a reasonable price.
You MAY NOT bring beverages into the venue.
The venue will have a kitchen cooking food the entire event and will be available for purchase at a reasonable price.
You MAY NOT bring food into the venue.
Thousands of dollars of prizes from our sponsors will be raffled off at the end of the event to the attendees still present. This is something you do not want to miss, as you can be walking home with some crazy prize!
Sleeping is NOT allowed in the venue. There is a hotel across the street (see Hotel information) or you may crash in your car or at a friends place.
Important Information For Those Under 18
For those of you planning to attend Intel LANFestNETWAR who are under the age of 18, please download, print, and have your legal guardian complete the Intel LANFest NETWAR Waiver. You must present this completed form at Intel LANFest check-in in order to participate. Don't forget!
These rules apply to everyone attending. They can change without notice.
- You must sign our waiver to be able to attend our events.
- You are responsible for your actions and equipment. We are not liable for anything that happens to you or your equipment.
- Do not bring alcohol or drugs, no alcoholic beverages are allowed in the venue.
- Do not attempt to steal items from the event or anyone else. Legal consequences will be a result.
- Act in a responsible and mature fashion. We want good sportsmanship in a fun environment.
- Smoking is only permitted outside of the building.
- Cheating is not tolerated.
- Do not bring any type of hacks/viruses/etc. to the event.
- Listen to those in charge.
- Attendees are not allowed to bring televisions or console gaming systems. This is a computer only based LAN party, consoles make too much noise and distract attendees from the real reason for the LAN party, which is computer gaming.
- You may only consume half the space of a table with your gear, you are required to allow enough space for another person to share the table with you.
- Lanyard must be worn at all times
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises for any reason we see fit.
Tournament Play Rules:
- Absolutely no ghosting (looking at opponents screens), this is cheating, your team will be removed from the tournament.
- No cheating / hacking.
- Default skins / textures only.
- Team captains are responsible for their team (i.e. getting them on the server in time when called to join a server).
- If your team is unable to be ready within 5 minutes of being called you will forfeit the match.
Failure to follow these rules is grounds for dismissal from the event at the admin discretion.
What To Bring To Our Events
Here is a list of items you will need to bring to our LAN party.
Make sure that your system is in working order before attending.
- Confirmation email showing your payment confirmation
- Signed Waiver (if you are under 18, your legal guardian needs to sign the waiver).
- A photo form of identification
- Computer Tower (or notebook computer)
- Monitor (Only 1 monitor allowed)
- Long Category 5e/6 Network Cable (25 Feet or Longer)
- Power cable for monitor
- Power cable for computer
- Mouse Pad
- Software (Games and Operating System)
- Money (Entry fee, food, drinks, etc.)
- Optional: Your favorite desk chair
- Do NOT bring a surge bar/protector, one will be provided for you at the event. (You will not be allowed to use your own.)
System Check List:
- Scan computer for Viruses with Trendmicro Housecall before attending!
- Scan computer for Malware and Spyware before attending!
Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
- All windows updates installed. (Important! If you do not want to get a virus at the event)
- Anti-Virus software installed and updated.
- Installed all games you wish to play.
- Patched all games you installed to their latest version (Including updating all Steam games)
Bring at minimum length 25 foot Category 5e/6 Ethernet Cable.
You are NOT allowed to bring your speakers, they take up too much space and make too much noise. Please bring a headset along with you.
Monitor Size Limit
While we do allow a lot of sizes, we would appreciate if you would limit it to 30 inches or less. You will be expected to work with us on space if we need it. If you feel you have an inability to compromise, we suggest you bring a smaller monitor.